It appears 2016 has come to an end…. whaaaat??? It passed so quickly and both Alise and I were so slack we barely read. Oops.
- November 2016 Wrap Up
- Books of 2016 I Wish I Had Gotten To
- Bec’s Christmas Book Wishlist
- The Bookish Best and Worst of 2016
- 5 Things About The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh ★★★★½
- Double Review: Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake ★★
- Review: Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall ★★★★
One month of rotations are complete and my two weeks of holidays have just ended! It was nice to have a break… in which I didn’t read. Oops. Well I did read at the end (finally got to reread Heir of Fire and Queen of Shadows, and as of writing this I’m about to start Empire of Storms EEP!).
What I have been doing is playing video games! My sister recently bought a PS4 and I got dragged into the world of Dishonored and Uncharted (I finished the first 3 games in less than a week). For my birthday I received Dishonored 2 and Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate. And then I went and bought Uncharted for and Assassin’s Creed: The Ezio Collection.
Now that I finally pulled myself out of a gaming mood, I’m hoping to read lots more during my next placement, but the games are so very hard to resist!
I didn’t get any books for Christmas (they’ve been ordered and should arrive next month!) but I did get some for my birthday thanks to myself.
- DARKEST MIND by Alexandra Bracken. I’ve already read this and loved it but haven’t been able to find the AUS paperback anywhere until my bday, and a friend was kind enough to buy it for me!
- STALKING JACK THE RIPPER by Kerri Maniscalco
- TOWER OF THORNS by Juliet Marillier
Now it’s totally and complete official – I have graduated Summa Cum Laude from my state’s university with a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Information Technology. That’s seventeen years of schooling. Will I ever get a break? Doubtful. Now to get A Job so I can
buy books “support myself.”
Although I’ve had a little bit more time to read, I’ve mainly been sleeping, hanging out with friends, and playing video games. (Bec and I are a bad influence on each other.) Something that has surprised even myself – I didn’t buy any books over the holiday! I actually didn’t even get any as gifts either, but I think that’s because I’m waiting for all those awesome 2017 releases. I did, however, get some books to review!