Sooo this post is a bit late for a few reasons:
- Bec was lazy
- Alise is busy busy busy busy busy
- There was no lighting to take the necessary photos! (Curse the 4 days of rain for taking my light)
But it’s still early in February so not too late for a January wrap up, right? Maybe it will make us think January didn’t go as fast as it did and that can be a bit of a relief.
Anyway, here’s some things that happened on the blog:
- 5 Things About Retribution Rails by Erin Bowman ★★★★
- Review: The Empress by S.J. Kincaid ★★★
- Review: Like a River Glorious by Rae Carson ★★★
- Review: The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski ★★★★
- 5 Things About The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden ★★★
- Review: An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson ★★★★
- 5 Things About Shadows on the Moon by Zoe Marriott ★★★★
One month into 2018 and I… still do not have a job. I’m looking, a few more have popped up and I’ve applied but am waiting to hear more. In the meantime I’ve been reading a lot of books (I got through eleven in January?! WHAT IS THIS) and playing a lot of video games. Namely Dragon Age. Alise convinced me to buy Dragon Age: Inquisition and now I have a new, life destroying obsession.
The only exciting things I did that involved leaving the house (a rare occurrence) were visiting Lifeline Bookfest and completing an Escape Room! It was so much fun, and we beat it by 12min. I wish I had the funds to do more but alas, no income makes it hard.
- NEVERNIGHT (reread) and GODSGRAVE by Jay Kristoff (review coming!)
- STARS ABOVE by Melissa Mar (I’d already read most of the stories online when they were free, but it was nice to finish the others!)
- THE WINTER WITCH by Paula Brackstone (an audiobook reread. I needed a fluffy book, and love historical romance so)
- I’LL GIVE YOU THE SUN by Jandy Nelson (review coming!)
- THE BLUE SWORD and THE HERO AND THE CROWN by Robin McKinley (such tiny fantasy novels from the 80s)
- RANSOM MY HEART by Meg Cabot (another fluffy historical romance reread)
- EON by Alison Goodman (a loveozya fantasy reread)
If you want to keep up with what I’m reading, I do mini reviews/ descriptions for each book on Twitter and also update Goodreads frequently.
- GODSGRAVE by Jay Kristoff
- AN ENCHANTMENT OF RAVENS by Margaret Rogerson
- THE LANGUAGE OF THORNS by Leigh Bardugo
- FROSTBLOOD by Leigh Bardugo
- OMENS by Kelley Armstrong
- RANSOM MY HEART by Meg Cabot
- THE GIFT, THE CROW, and THE SINGING by Alison Croggon (books #1, 3 & 4 of the Pellinor books. I bought #2 at Bookfest last year!)
Even though we had a good time posting wise last month, it’s looking like we might fall a bit behind again in February. We’ve run out of scheduled posts! I have a few more in drafts that need to be finished and have photos added. Weather (and lack of motivation) has kept me from taking photos but that should change now! With any luck we’ll be back posting consistently soon.