Genre: YA, contemporary
Rating: 2.5 stars
- I didn’t expect this to be told from mostly POVs that aren’t Alice
- Elaine and Kelsey are the types of people I don’t like -_-
- It’s a tiny book
- The only decent person was Kurt
- What even was the point? Nothing happened. Characters didn’t even grow that much (Elaine did have a little bit of growth)
- So much stereotypical high school crap (parties, bullying, slut shaming, rumours, drink driving)
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Series: Ruined #1
Rating: 4 stars
- I like how they show Em’s uneasiness and values with how she always looks for potential weapons and exits
- Cas is a precious cinnamon roll
- Em & Cas grew a lot when it came to the POV of their country and the Ruined
- Hooooolllyyyyy shit there’s a lot of violence and death. Definitely not lacking in the action department!
- Bye bye potential love triangle! Glad that possibility never took off
- I SHIP THIS ROMANCE A LOT! Star crossed lovers, impersonation, sloe burn, willing to change and listen. I want more!
- View Spoiler »I hope Aren is okay Jesus Christ Olivia’s power and thirst for vengeance is as terrifying as the (former) King of Lera (I hope I didn’t spell that wrong haha) « Hide Spoiler
Genre: Historical fantasy
- Hell yeah Russian folklore!
- Omg this narration is hilarious
- Narration/ writing style is reminiscent of THE BOOK THIEF
- Elena has had quite the unfortunate life :(
- All the voices the narrator is doing are BRILLIANT!!! Baba Yaga in particular is fantastic
- It’s going much further with the plot than I thought it would
- Kat’s really growing on me
- I ended up really enjoying all the characters! I wish we could have followed them all into adulthood to see where they chose to do with their lives.