I was tagged by Aimee at Deadly Darlings as “Whoever else wants to do the tag!” so I felt personally obligated to do so and obviously couldn’t say no.
And it’s not at all because we are running out of posts ahahaaaa
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Nope! It wasn’t until I became friends with people who had motion sickness did I realize how lucky I was to be able to. I think my love for road trips would be totally shattered if I couldn’t read in in the car. Do you guys have motion sickness or are you usually driving?
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Maggie Stiefvater, 100%. Her writing is amazing, whether it be in The Scorpio Races or The Raven Boys, no one writes like she does and I LOVE IT.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter, of course.
-It can be enjoyed by people of all ages and genders.
-The writing is GORGEOUS, some of the best quotes I’ve ever read and vivid descriptions.
-You become completely invested in the characters, and are subject to FEELS.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
I have a huge bag just for books so I can haul my library books to and from the library.
5. Do you smell your books?
Some of them, I love the smell of old paperbacks.
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Makes no difference to me, although YA is my favorite genre and they rarely have pictures.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
HA. Quite a few, but I won’t share them because “quality writing” is subjective.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Not really, but I do have some stories about some of the weirdest things I’ve found in books.
9. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
Not counting manga, it would be Looking for Alaska by John Green.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Les Miserables, clearly.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I used to write all the time, but I don’t really see myself being an author.
12. When did you get into reading?
My mom taught me to read pretty early and I have been reading ever since.
13. What is your favourite classic book?
Pride & Prejudice.
14. In school what was your best subject?
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
Be happy and say thank you so I wouldn’t hurt anyone’s feelings.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I’m not a huge fan of these comparisons, but Hex Hall reminded me a bit of Harry Potter.
17. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
Have Tumblr open in another tab because procrastination is my friend.
18. What is your favorite word?
I don’t really have a favorite word, but I do like the word melancholy I suppose. After going five plus years thinking it meant happy. (It doesn’t)
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires seem cooler, unless we are talking about the Fae in Maas’ A Court of Thorns and Roses.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters, I think that would come in handy.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves, I’m terrified of ghosts.
23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Vampires. I don’t want any Walking Dead scenarios.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden love gets me every time, although I’m not against a good love triangle!
25. Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?